Christening also known as baptism is a special term that is used to welcome newborn baby in a Christian faith. It can be the first meeting of your baby with entire family depending on the customs of your family. It is a joyous time for friends and family members to celebrate and welcome the newborn baby. It is excellent way to introduce your child to your whole Christian community. If you want to organize a christening then in first step you have to invite your friends and family members through christening invitations. If your budget allow or you are able to bear any kind of expense then you can hire a professional designer in order to design your own christening invitation otherwise you can design it by your own. It is not too difficult because there are lots of user friendly designing programs available for your help.
Tips to Design Christening Invitation
- Initially, decide what type of invitation card you want to design for your even either single page or folding card. Purchase enough card stock paper according to your requirements, number of guests and size of invitations.
- Decide appropriate words for your invitations such as day, time, date and location for christening. Do not forget to include RSVP details as well so that your invited guests can inform you about their arrival. It will dramatically diminish your cost that you will spend on the arrangements of christening event.
- Now choose, either you want handwriting or want to print your cards on your selected card stock. It depends on the causal or formal atmosphere of christening because for relax themed party you can choose hand written invitations and for formal christening event it is necessary to choose printed cards.
- You can use different shapes, stickers and cut out shapes of color paper to paste on the christening invitations to make it more colorful and interesting. If you want scrapbooking images of religious occasions then visit your local craft store.
- Use glue or other sticking material to paste shapes on your christening invitation card. This kind of material is equally best for your printed as well as handmade christening invitation card.
Common Mistakes with Christening Invitation
- Grammatical and logical errors on the christening invitations that can spoil your image in front of reader so proofread your invitations carefully before taking their printout.
- RSVP detail is important because without it you cannot get the response about arrival of your guests and your money as well as time can be wasted on arrangements.
- Insufficient postage results in the return of christening invitations to your own address so make sure to pay full amount after calculating weight of your invitation cards.
- Do not forget to include your cell number so that you guests can easily contact you in case of any problem.
Christening Invitation Template
Here is a sample Christening Invitation Template that can help you in creating compelling Christening Invitations,