Dinner parties are arranged for different purpose such as business dinner for official purposes and personal dinner parties with causal, intimate or fancy people. It is not easy to host a dinner party as it involves lots of preparation depending on the number of people and nature of party. Like all other parties, dinner parties also require invitations to invite your friends and family members. It is necessary to design a perfect dinner invitation regardless of matter for which purpose you are going to organize a dinner party. Use of invitations is one of the best and hassle free ways to invite your required people to the party. It is necessary to design your dinner invitation carefully because it should match with your party style, theme and mood. Try to prepare and send your dinner invitations almost two months in advance.
Guidelines to Design Dinner Invitations
- Initially, choose a right style for your dinner party invitations considering the theme and type of your dinner party. You have to consider either your party is formal or informal because your invitations will set the tone of your dinner party so it is necessary to reflect the formality or informality of the event.
- Request the presence of recipient using right words. Try to use third person for formal invitations and avoid unethical information such as “children are not allowed” or “bring gifts” etc.
- You can share information about the mood, special language or dress code of your party in order to set the mood of your party. Write dress code for both male and female guests.
- Write exact address of venue for the dinner party, day, date and time. It is necessary for the guests so that they can join you on right time. You have to answer “Five Ws” including who, what, when, where and why.
- Write complete details about dress code of the dinner party and potluck such as guests should bring a dish. Write possible duration for which the dinner party will last. It will help your guests to understand that what you want your guests to be at the dinner party.
- Request an RSVP to a specific date by including a reply card and self-addressed stamped envelop or your contact details so that your guests can respond you about their arrival.
- It is necessary to make it clear either invitee can bring a guest or not in order to avoid future conflicts.
Common Mistakes with Dinner Invitation
- Sometime people miss the details of dress codes in the card and as a result while mood of their party can spoil so carefully design your dinner invitation card.
- Do not forget the details of RSVP in order to make perfect arrangements for all guests and save your cost of those guests who cannot join you due to some personal reasons.
Dinner Invitation Template
Here is a good quality Dinner Invitation Template that you can download and enjoy creating your own customize invitations.